Youth Pastor Job Description
Black Jack Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church is seeking to fill a part-time
position responsible for overseeing all aspects of student ministries K-12.
Our Church is located in a vibrant and growing part of Eastern North Carolina which is approximately 70 miles from the Beach and 100 miles from our state capital of Raleigh NC. Our community is located in a great school district and just a few miles from Greenville, NC, which is home to East Carolina University, Pitt Community College, Vidant Medical Center and Brody School of Medicine.
The youth pastor must have a love for God, a love for kids and teenagers,
and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. In addition, the following are required:
· Must be a born-again Christian and have a well-established life of spiritual disciplines.
· Commitment to our church’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs
· A passion for working with children, youth, and parents
· Display desirable qualities such as teamwork, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, staff loyalty, and a teachable spirit
· Possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to enlist volunteers and support them in accomplishing the work of the ministry
· Able to work without direct supervision
· GED or High School Diploma required, continued education preferred
· Must have a satisfactory background check
The youth pastor must have the ability and willingness to:
· Manage a team of volunteers
· Engage parents as vital partners in the youth program
· Ability to teach and preach to youth and leaders in small and large settings
· Communicate well with parents and come along side families, especially in times of crisis
· Ensure that the youth ministry is functioning in an effective and focused manner
· Work with Youth Leadership Team to collectively achieve the goals of the ministry
· Oversee the expenditures of the allocated budget for youth ministries
· Oversee fund raising efforts for youth ministries trips
· Fill in for the Lead Pastor to preach when called upon
· Serve as the administrator over the entire youth department (K-12th) by planning events/fundraisers
· Must be able to delegate responsibility to youth workers/youth
· Be involved in the lives of children and youth through cooperation with schools in the area
· Ability to use social media and church website to connect families, children and youth with available
· Work with Pastor to coordinate children and youth participation in worship.
· Attend children/youth enrichment conferences and share learned strategies with staff and volunteers
· Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
After 90 days of employment there will be an evaluation. This position will be accountable to the Pastor/Official board.
Submit a cover letter and include an overview of your journey of faith, a resume including the names of three references with contact information.
Email to: email@example.com or mail to: Youth Pastor Search, Black Jack PFWB Church, 2581 Black Jack-Grimesland Rd, Greenville NC 27858.